THIS POST INCLUDES:
1. Why Learn about Marketing
2. What is marketing
3. 10 Online Marketing Courses
4. Download FREE Marketing Cycle Worksheet
WHY LEARN ABOUT MARKETING
As a therapist, marketing is one of the most important aspects of your business. Without marketing your practice, you won’t have any clients to help.
In addition to growing your client list through marketing, the process of developing your marketing strategy provides you with an opportunity to fine-tune many business aspects of your private practice including the products and services that you want to offer.
Marketing helps you develop important listening and observation skills that allows you to learn exactly what your potential client is looking for when they seek therapy. Essentially, marketing ensures that you and your potential clients have the opportunity to find each other.
As a private practice therapist, nobody knows your business like you. Your role as a business owner is integral in determining the most important parts of your marketing strategy, including:
- Your audience/clients
- Your message
- Ethical marketing
With the increasing popularity of online content, you can now learn about marketing in short courses provided online.
Ideally, the marketing course you choose will provide information about both offline and online marketing techniques. You should also learn about direct and indirect marketing techniques. Direct marketing includes advertisements and indirect marketing techniques include building your overall brand in your private practice niche.
In this era of choice, you can learn about marketing using methods that suit your own learning style whether that be by video (YouTube), audio (podcasts), or written (blogs and formal class structures).
WHAT IS MARKETING
The concept of marketing might make you instantly think of pushy sales techniques, however, for a business owner of a private practice, marketing involves much more than making a sale. Marketing from a business owner’s perspective means making sure your private practice promotes a personal message that attracts the clients you want to work with.
Marketing involves communicating with potential clients, however, it also entails the following aspects:
- Researching content
- Researching target clients
- Creating products and services the client wants
- Finding effective channels of communicating to clients
- Creating a message about your business to your clients
- Managing your brand in the public domain
Marketing can most often be described by the 4P’s:
- Product/Service – what do you offer your clients
- Price – what are the prices you offer for your services, and are you providing value for money
- Promotion – the strategies you use to communicate about your private practice
- Place – how you provide your products and services to your clients
Many of us have preconceived ideas of what marketing is and that usually reflects the direct activity of advertising. Essentially marketing is everything we do to ensure potential clients know about our product or service.
10 ONLINE MARKETING COURSES
All of the courses listed below are FREE. Some offer a paid option to purchase a certificate, however, you can undertake those courses for Free without certification.
- Online Marketing Strategies
- Introduction to Marketing: Tools to Set Enterprises Apart
- Zero Budget Marketing System for Any Business
- Email Marketing Made Easy For Beginners
- Google AdWords for Small Business: Secrets of an Agency Pro
- The Strategy of Content Marketing
- Free Social Media Certification Course
- Quicksprout Paid Advertising modules
- Facebook Ads Training: How to Build Great Ads & Audiences
- Effective Small Business Marketing
FREE DOWNLOAD: Marketing Cycle Worksheet
SIGN UP below to download the FREE Marketing Cycle Worksheet.
Use the worksheet guide to establish a marketing strategy for your therapy practice. Complete the sections to help guide you through the stages of your marketing cycle. Use this blog post to help understand each stage of the marketing cycle process.
Download the FREE Marketing Cycle Worksheet.
BUILD YOUR ART THERAPY REFERENCE MATERIALS:
Pin this image to your Pinterest board.
SHARE KNOWLEDGE & PASS IT ON:
If you’ve enjoyed this post, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest. Thank you!