THIS POST INCLUDES:
1. Introduction to Podcasts
2. How to listen to podcasts
3. 10 Productivity and Getting Things Done (GTD) Podcasts
4. Download Resource Sheet of Useful Planning Books and Blogs
INTRODUCTION TO PODCASTS
Podcasts have boomed in recent years. As a result of that boom, it means the depth and breadth of topics contain specific niches that appeal to the variety of aspects in our business and personal life. This includes the topic of productivity with a focus on getting things done (GTD).
In this post, we’re specifically focusing on productivity podcasts to help you improve productivity in your art therapy business and personal life.
If you’re wondering whether listening to podcasts can benefit you, read below:
- Podcasts are a great way to fill time. Therefore they are great for commuting to work or long distance trips.
- Podcasts are good to listen to when exercising or doing household tasks.
- Podcasts allow you to curate your own business and personal mentors by picking and choosing podcasts topics that benefit your personal growth.
- Podcasts are educational. Some universities deliver free audio lectures through podcasting.
- Podcasts allow you to focus on specific areas that you want to learn about or improve in your life.
- Podcasts are portable and can be listened to anywhere. You can either access them via the internet or download them to listen to offline.
- Podcasts are free
HOW TO LISTEN TO PODCASTS
Podcasting is an audio medium, so you will need to use a device that can transmit audio. Podcasts are typically listened through a podcasting app on your smart phone or tablet, however most podcasters make their episodes available on their website also so that you can listen to podcasts on your computer through your browser if you prefer.
Below is a list (alphabetical order) of some of the most popular podcast apps and delivery services. Most apps are free, however some offer optional upgrades for a fee to unlock additional features:
10 GETTING THINGS DONE PODCASTS
Below is a list of 10 Productivity podcasts, along with a recommended episode to get you started.
- Asian Efficiency Suggested episode: 5 Ways to Apply the 80/20 Ruse to Free Up 2+ Hours a Week
- Beyond the To Do List Suggested episode: Being vs Doing Chase Reeves on Journaling, Mediation and Mindfulness
- Extreme Productivity Suggested Episode: Stay Focused While Working from Home
- Get It Done Guy Suggested Episode: How to Use the 80/20 Principle to Perfect Your Writing
- Getting Things Done Suggested episode: Defining Your Areas of Focus
- Positive Productivity Suggested Episode: Shiny Object Syndrome
- The 5 am Miracle Podcast Suggested Episode: How to Design Your Day with Claire Diaz-Ortiz
- The Accidental Creative Suggested Episode: How To Stay Creatively Inspired With a Study Plan
- The Productive Woman Suggested Episode: Productivity Challenges of Introverts and Extroverts
- The Productivityist Podcast Suggested episode: Demystifying Evernote with Charles Byrd
RESOURCE SHEET – PLANNING BOOKS AND BLOGS
Included below is a FREE Resource sheet of Useful Planning Books and Blogs.
BUILD YOUR ART THERAPY REFERENCE MATERIALS:
Pin this image to your Pinterest board.
SHARE KNOWLEDGE & PASS IT ON:
If you’ve enjoyed this post, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest. Thank you!