THIS POST INCLUDES:
1. Do website trends matter?
2. Current website trends to consider
3. Updating your website for new ideas
4. Free Download Website Design Guide
DO WEBSITE TRENDS MATTER?
Website trends are based on many factors. Some factors relate to design aesthetics where readers become attracted to specific colour choices and design aspects.
Some factors relate to marketing where readers respond to changing marketing strategies change over time.
Additionally, some trend factors also relate to website security and functionality improvements over time. Trends take into account new technology such as mobile viewing of your website. New trends also take into account technological improvements in web design that improve user interaction such as menu arrangements, image efficiency, and more.
All three factors of design, marketing, and functionality contribute to the need for business websites to be updated regularly.
Incorporating trends into your website can also help to maintain a current, consistent, and modern look to your website so that readers see your website remains current.
CURRENT WEBSITE TRENDS TO CONSIDER
Some of the common current website trends to consider when designing or revamping your website include:
- Using visual media including images and video
- Increasing reliance by users on mobile functionality
- Communicating directly to your ideal client https://arttherapyresources.com.au/find-clients/
- Using interactive elements to engage with your reader eg. Quizzes, checklists etc. Make it personal
- Using minimalism design in content and navigation
- Adding personality and handcrafting to your design including handwriting, painted backgrounds etc
- Natural organic aesthetics
- Publishing content across multiple sources, eg. Website, social media, email newsletter
- Multiple points of contact access – phone calls and texts, website, email, social media
- Goal focused – if your goal is to attract clients, make content readable and contact accessible
- Use storytelling – people connect with stories they can identify with, not theoretical psychology
Regardless of trends that may change or develop over time, the three most important considerations for a therapist include:
- Does it give an accurate impression of me as a therapist?
- Does it explain the services I offer?
- Does it encourage prospective clients to take action and book an appointment?
All decisions surrounding your website should have these 3 key points in mind.
UPDATING YOUR WEBSITE FOR NEW IDEAS
If you don’t have a website created yet, you can incorporate new trends and ideas into the design of your website. Read our previous blog posts here for more ideas on creating a simple website: Design a Simple Layout for Your Art Therapy Website.
If you already have a website in place and need to update your website for new trends and ideas, you can take one of two different approaches to updating your website:
1. COMPLETE REDESIGN – create a new website from scratch that incorporates trends, modern design, and improved functionality. This is applicable if your website is 5-10 years old and most likely needs a significant upgrade in functionality and security.
2. GRADUAL UPDATE – you may choose to keep the structure of your existing website and gradually update content and some minor design aspects over time. This is a good choice if you only have a few pages that require updating and if your website is already 1-5 years old and incorporates updated functionality and security measures.
The approach you take to updating your website will depend on the age and functionality of your existing website or whether you have a website at all.
SIGN UP below to download the FREE Website Design Guide.
BUILD YOUR ART THERAPY REFERENCE MATERIALS:
Pin this image to your Pinterest board.
SHARE KNOWLEDGE & PASS IT ON:
If you’ve enjoyed this post, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest. Thank you!